Learn how much is SSS maternity benefit for voluntary members in this article.
- Who are the voluntary members of SSS?
- How much is SSS maternity benefit for voluntary members?
- 1. First, know how much your monthly contributions are
- 2. Know when should you pay your contributions to get SSS maternity benefits
- 3. Sample calculation on how much is SSS maternity benefit for voluntary
- Table of calculations for SSS maternity benefit amount
- SSS Maternity Benefits Calculator
Who are the voluntary members of SSS?
They are those who are NOT regular employees in Philippine-based companies or businesses. Land-based OFWs also qualify as voluntary members but they have some rules different from voluntary members such as their deadline of SSS contribution payments.
The information in post is also applicable for OFWs.
How much is SSS maternity benefit for voluntary members?
Follow these steps:
1. First, know how much your monthly contributions are
How much benefit you are eligible for depends on how much contributions you pay within your semester of contingency. Look at the table below and find your Monthly Salary Credit based on your compensation or income. If you are unemployed and has no compensation, simply choose any range of compensation. This is because as a voluntary member, you are free to pay any amount of contribution.
But for the purpose of this article, since you only want to get SSS maternity benefits, you must know that Php 20 000 is the maximum monthly credit that is eligible for maternity benefits. That is why, if you look at the image below, you will find that as a voluntary member of SSS, you can contribute between Php 560 and Php 2800 to get maternity benefits.
TIP: If you want to get the maximum SSS maternity benefit which is 70k, read this article: How to avail 70k SSS maternity benefit.
2. Know when should you pay your contributions to get SSS maternity benefits
To get SSS maternity benefits, you must pay a year before your semester of contingency.
What is semester of contingency? It consists of two (2) quarters that includes the month of your expected delivery plus the preceding quarter. Look at the images below and understand your semester of contingency.
When you have determined your semester of contingency, you must pay contributions for at least three (3) months within a year before your semester of contingency. You can pay your contributions online via the SSS website. Click here to find out: How to pay SSS contributions online
3. Sample calculation on how much is SSS maternity benefit for voluntary
1. As a voluntary member of SSS, you can contribute between Php 560 and Php 2800 to get maternity benefits. This is the amount that you should contribute for six months within the 12-month period prior to your semester of contingency.
2. Next step is to find the Monthly Salary Credit corresponding to your contributions. This is because SSS calculate benefits based on monthly salary credits, not contribution amounts.
Multiply the corresponding Monthly Salary Credit by six months. If you paid different amounts, find the six (6) highest contributions within the year before your semester of contingency and just add them up.
The monthly contribution of Php 2800 corresponds to a monthly salary credit of Php 20 000. If you pay this amount for six months, you will get a result of:
20 000 X 6 = 120 000
Note: If you paid different amounts, find the six (6) highest contributions within the year before your semester of contingency and just add them up.
3. Then divide by 180.
- Note: This number 180 is simply derived from 6 months x 30 days. It calculates your average daily working wage for 6 months prior to semester of contingency.
120 000 / 180 = 667
4. Multiply the result with 105 for Normal/CS delivery, 120 for solo parents, and 60 for miscarriage/ectopic/stillbirth.
The result is the maximum amount of SSS maternity benefits you can avail.
Normal/CS: 666.67 x 105 = 70 000
Solo parents: 666.67 x 120 = 80 000
Miscarriage/ectopic/stillbirth: 666.67 x 60 = 40 000
Table of calculations for SSS maternity benefit amount
|Monthly Contribution (in pesos)||Monthly Salary Credit||SSS Maternity Benefit Amount|
|560||4000||14 000 – Normal/CS|
16 000 – Solo parent
8 000 – Miscarriage
|980||7000||24 500 – Normal/CS|
28 000 – Solo parent
14 000 – Miscarriage
|1050||7500||26 250 – Normal/CS|
30 000 – Solo parent
15 000 – Miscarriage
|2030||14 500||50 750 – Normal/CS|
58 000 – Solo parent
29 000 – Miscarriage
|2800||20 000||24 500 – Normal/CS|
28 000 – Solo parent
14 000 – Miscarriage
SSS Maternity Benefits Calculator
You can also use our calculator below: