Being an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you can still avail of your SSS maternity benefit even if you plan to give birth or have given birth abroad.
In this article, you will learn:
- Things to do when you find out you’re pregnant
- Things to do after you give birth
- Make sure that your SSS membership is active.
You can do this by logging on to your personal profile in the SSS website.
At the same time, make sure that your personal informations are updated especially your married name and self-employed status e.g. OFW.
If none of these are true, go to your nearest SSS branch and settle them. In Singapore, the SSS branch is located behind the Iremit outlet in Lucky Plaza.
- Pay your monthly contributions regularly.
You can do this online. Read this article: How to pay SSS contributions online
HIGHLY IMPORTANT: Within the 12-month period prior to your semester of contingency, you should have made at least 3 monthly contributions. Pay six months worth of the highest contribution amount ot get the maximum amount of benefits which is 70 ooo pesos. Read these articles:
How to calculate SSS maternity benefit
How to avail 70k SSS maternity benefit
How to check your SSS maternity benefit eligibility online
Things to do when you find out you’re pregnant
Submit a Maternity Notification online. Read these articles to learn how:
- How to submit Maternity Notification via SSS website
- How to submit Maternity Notification via SSS mobile app
Things to do to claim your SSS maternity benefit after you give birth
You can claim your SSS maternity benefit within the next ten years.
1. Register for Disbursement Account Enrolment Module (DAEM) on the SSS website:
2. Go to your nearest SSS branch or submit the following documents online:
Main Requirements e.g. Normal Delivery:
- Maternity Reimbursement Form (SSS Form MAT-2) (can be downloaded in the SSS website)
- OB History Form to be completed and signed by your OB Gyne
- Report of Birth from the Philippine Embassy
- Duly-received MaternityNotification Form SSS Form MAT-1 or formal letter of explanation of non-notification/ late filing
- Photocopy of SSS/UMID card OR passport and work pass
- If valid IDs are under your maiden name, photocopy of marriage contract (must be registered copy or NSO-issued)
Additional requirements in case of delivery through cesarean section:
- Operating Room Record or In-patient Discharge Summary
- Photocopy of hospital bills
2. Upon successful submission, wait for the amount to be deposited to your nominated bank account up to one month.
That’s it. How about you mommies or mommies-to be, were you able to process your SSS maternity benefit?
This Post Has 3 Comments
Maam palo-, up ko maternity ko po november pa ako nagpasa sainyo ksma mga original documents at ska account ko n doon ihuhulog ang pera bkt wla pa po kau update para sa stub or kyln makuha
Is it the same process if i am a non working spouse and will born the baby abroad?
Pano po pag hindi nakapg notify ng maternity? Pwede pa po ba humabol sa maternity benefits?